The Black Press and Why It Matters to Your Comms Plan:
A Conversation about News, Equity, and Audience.
Wednesday, February 3, 2021 | 11:00 a.m. – Noon
The meeting has concluded. Please see the replay below.
In the aftermath of last summer’s racial unrest and the resent election results in Georgia, understanding the African American news audience is more crucial than ever. The Black Press, which has been a key news and information outlet in America for nearly 200 years, is once again being rediscovered as an essential partner for professional communicators.
Join us as we discuss:
- The role of The Black Press and why The Black Press still matters.
- How can agencies/companies successfully pitch to The Black press in Baltimore and beyond?
- The role The Black Press plays communicating about COVID-19 vaccines.
Our distinguished panelists are:
- Joy Bramble, Publisher of The Baltimore Times
- Dr. Ben Chavis, President and CEO of The National Newspaper Publishers Association
- Rev. Dr. Frances Murphy Draper, Chair and Publisher of the AFRO-American Newspapers